Manual Section and Page Number
The Construction Field Services (CFS) Division has revised the Density Testing and Inspection Manual. A brief description of the revisions are presented below. Manual Section and Page Number
- I.A.7 (pg. 3)
- Included Slag Aggregate in the table as a material to be tested.
- I.B.6.d (pg. 52)
- Added a sentence to remind testers not to use the nuclear gauge when it is raining.
- I.B.8.a (pg. 67)
- Added language clarifying what procedure must be followed when the measured percent compaction exceeds 100%.
- I.B.8.b (pg. 72)
- Added language to emphasize that the original not the re-typed or re-copied version of a test report must be submitted to the office daily.
- I.C.1.b (pg. 73)
- Added language to emphasize that the succeeding layer must not be placed until the specification requirement has been met.
- III.K (pg. 92)
- Included in the table for minimum frequency of testing the requirement to test the footprint of the sleeper slab foundation.
The updated manual is available online at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdot/MDOT_DensityTestingAndInspectionManual_322964_7.pdf